Environmental Education Association of South Carolina
2015 Annual Conference
Community to Classroom / Classroom to Community
Tuesday and Wednesday, July 21-22
EdVenture Children’s Museum
Exploring models for formal and informal educators to collaborate in and out of the classroom; providing opportunities for students to improve and educate their communities about environmental issues and action.
Bring your children to the Bike Ride (13 and older) and State Museum with us! Just add them when you register.
You can also sign your child up for one of four Day Camp options we've arranged with EdVenture.
- Four Alarm Fire
- Spa Science
- Molecular Munchables
EEASC conference registrants can choose a special 1 or 2 day option during the conference rather than the full week general public option. Click the Kid's Day Camp option when you register, and we will send you details on signing up for these camps!
Thanks to EdVenture for making these day camps possible!
Tuesday, July 21 (1:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- 1:00-4:00 pm Project WILD Curriculum Training + L
- 1:00-2:30 pm Green Steps School Training + L
2:30-4:00 pm Columbia Canal Bike Ride + L - CANCELLED
- 5:00-8:00 pm Second Shift Tuesday at the State Museum +
Wednesday, July 22 (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) *
- Environmental Outreach at EdVenture (Daniel Cummins)
- Plants for People: Edible and Medicinal Gardens (Dr. Todd Beasley)
- Plants for Wildlife: Campus Habitats (Dr. Arlene Marturano)
- Plants for Water Quality: Rain Gardens (Betsy Kaemmerlen)
- Make-and-Take/Share Stations
- Silent Auction
Lodging: Lodging is own your own. Several hotels can be found near EdVenture.
+ Preregistration and/or additional fee required.
L Limited Space Available
* Lunch is included in the conference registration. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate special dietary needs.