Protect: Litter Prevention
Ask your mentor to do a presentation, then click on these links to learn more about litter-prevention at schools.
Litter Prevention Projects
- Be sure there are enough recycling and trash containers around your school
- Organize schoolyard litter pick-ups (one per year for each grade level at your school) or plan community litter pick-ups. Then report litter pick-up data to the appropriate person in your county.
Ideas for sharing student litter prevention knowledge
- Broadcast on school news shows
- Create and display hallway posters
- Film and share informational videos
- Operate education tables at school or community events
Sample Project: Litter Pick-Up
- Organize a litter pick up on your school grounds or in your community.