Professional Development Grants
EEASC members may apply for up to $1,000 in funding to participate in local, regional, national, or global professional development opportunities.
- Registration costs
- Mileage reimbursement at the standard mileage rate
- Airfare, train, bus, car, or bike rental reimbursement
- Lodging expense reimbursement
- Meal expenses for meals NOT included in the event registration cost, reimbursed at the standard government per diem rate. Receipts for meal expenses are not required.
- Quality of professional development experience
- Relevance of professional development experience to applicant’s career or career goals
- Length of time applicant has been a member of EEASC
- Availability of matching funding (either cash or in-kind)
- Applicant’s willingness/plan to share their learning with other environmental educators following the experience
- Whether the applicant has received a Mini-Grant from EEASC in the last three years (priority will be given to new applicants)
Reporting and Reimbursement Requirements
- Unless other arrangements are approved by the EEASC Board of Directors, all grant funding will be issued as a reimbursement for expenses pending submission of a reimbursement request form and copies of receipts for eligible expenses. (Mileage and per diem reimbursements are made without receipts.) Reimbursement will be issued within 30 days of receipt of the reimbursement request.
- Following travel, applicants must submit a brief written report (up to 300 words) and three photos suitable for publication (individuals featured in the photos must consent to their image being made public) describing their professional development experience and learning outcomes.
*An active EEASC membership is required to apply for a grant. If you are a member but are unable to access the application, log in to your member profile using the login button in the upper right-hand corner. Forgot your login credentials? Reset them using the login options in the upper right-hand corner. Still need help? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.