Restore: Habitat - Forestry
Ask your mentor to do a presentation, then click on these links to learn more about forestry resources.
- Learn what types of trees can be planted in specifics locations
- Plant a tree on school property
Ideas for sharing student habitat knowledge
- Broadcast on school news shows
- Create and display hallway posters
- Film and share informational videos
- Operate education tables at school or community events
Sample Project: Plant a Tree
Planting trees each year on your school grounds can serve many purposes:
- improve air quality
- provide shade and wildlife habitats
- absorb rainwater where it accumulates on school grounds
Trees can be planted to celebrate Arbor Day or to honor someone special to your school family. Every school needs more trees!