June 22-24, 2023
16 Penn Center Circle East
St Helena Island, SC 29920
- SpringHill Suites at 2227 Boundary St., Beaufort, SC offers rooms for conference attendees at $169-179/night. A continental breakfast is included. Click here to book your group rate, or call 843-379-1124 and mention the code EEA.
- Holiday Inn & Suites at 2225 Boundary St, Beaufort, SC offers rooms for conference attendees at $139/night. To book a room, contact the hotel at (843) 379-3100 and request the EEASC group rate.
Meals: Conference registration includes light breakfast/snacks, lunch, and dinner on Friday, June 23. Other meals will be on your own.
Keynote Speaker: Jory Fleming, Climate Scientist, Education Specialist, and author of How to be Human: An Autistic Man's Guide to Life. Learn more about Jory at www.joryfleming.com.
- "The Wasness of the Is" by Tom Mancke
- Project WET Facilitator Meetup + Dinner
- SC Marine Education Association Symposium
- ...and more!
Pre-Conference Events - REGISTER SEPARATELY:
Field Trips (Saturday, June 24, 2023):
Option A: Hunting Island (9am-Noon): Join rangers Mike Walker and Rachel Dunn for a hike through the maritime forest, over the lagoon, and out onto the boneyard beach to explore one of the most dynamic barrier islands on the east coast. Along the way, learn about Hunting Island's legendary erosion and ways humans have attempted to deal with the issue.
The program will cover 3 miles (round trip) in 3 hours. Wear clothes and shoes to get wet and muddy. Bring sunscreen, drinking water, and insect repellant. A towel and change of clothes are recommended if you want to help pull the seine net in the lagoon. Restrooms are available at the Nature Center/fishing pier.
Meet at the Hunting Island Nature Center parking lot at the end of Hwy. 21, just before the bridge to Fripp Island.
Option B: Port Royal Sound Foundation Tour (10am-Noon): Join Port Royal Sound Foundation Naturalist/Education Coordinator Jessica Kochman for a tour of the Maritime Center and a nature hike through a maritime forest and salt marsh. The program will cover 1.5 miles (round trip).
Meet at the Port Royal Sound Foundation, 310 Okatie Highway, Okatie, SC 29909.
Plus lots of hands-on professional development and networking opportunities for teachers and informal educators. Don't miss this event!
Add a conference t-shirt to your registration for $20, or purchase your shirt separately in the EEASC Store (click here). T-shirt orders must be placed by May 25.
*same color t-shirt, variations due to photo lighting
Many thanks to our 2023 EEASC Conference Sponsors!