Welcome to the Environmental Education Association of South Carolina listserv (EEASCLIST)Using EEASCLIST
To post a message to all the list members, send email to EEASCLIST@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (statewide list) or EEASC_MID@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (midlands list). You MUST be a member of the listserv to submit a message.
To unsubscribe from EEASCLIST, email EEASCLIST-signoff-request@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (statewide list) or
EEASC_MID-signoff-request@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (midlands list).
DIGEST: The digest option dispatches a text-version email once each day at noon eastern time. It lists the texts from all posts during the the previous 24 hours. You will need your list password to view any attachments. Go to edit options at the bottom of this page or contact a staff member to switch to digest.
EEASCLIST and EEASC_MID USAGE GUIDELINES:
Due to the large membership, we must follow these guidelines in order to keep the list open for individual posts and to keep the number of posts manageable.
Please report misuse of the listservs or listserv problems to EEASCLIST-request@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (statewide list) or
EEASC_MID-request@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (midlands list). Do not admonish or criticize individual posts on EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID. Email : EEASCLISTrequest@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (statewide list) or EEASC_MID-request@LISTSERV.SC.EDU (midlands list) if you have concerns about a post.
1. Use a clear subject line and please include the date and location for events, workshops, and other placed-based opportunities. Posts without this information will either be rejected or the subject line will be edited and resent by the list administrators.
2. Please keep posts relevant to environmental education programs and opportunities in South Carolina.
3. EEASCLIST and EEASC_MID are too large to be used as discussion boards or to post specific questions to the membership. Contact individuals directly if you need more information, or have information to provide to the poster. If you have specific questions, contact the office staff first who may be able to refer you to specific resources or individuals.
4. Attachments: The list does take attachments, but remember that for some list members, their emails may block or scrub attachments, or they may have email systems with limited email memory space. Also, list digest members do not get attachments automatically, but have to log in to see them. So really, it’s best to put all of your information in the body of your email post and only use attachments if they are really important.
5. Please do not post messages related to environmental issue advocacy (calls for rallies, protests, petitions, fundraisers, etc. that advocate a specific course of action).
6. Do not use EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID to advertise products, commercial services, or fundraising events or campaigns.
7. Please be discerning and do not "over post." Limit event postings to once a month (two is ok if the second post is a reminder closer to the event date).
8. Please do not reply to the list email or forward emails or posts from other listservs without editing the content and clearly identifying the purpose of the email in the subject. Unedited forwarded emails will be rejected.
9. Do not "CC" large numbers of emails along with EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID posts--they may be rejected as a spam attempt. Also, please do not include EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID as an email if you are emailing all of your email contacts or large list of contacts. These will be rejected.
10. Please do not post your organization's newsletter email or link, or forward other newsletter emails to EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID. However, you may periodically (please no more than twice a year) notify list members of your newsletter subscription if it is relevant to environmental education in South Carolina.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the EEASCLIST or EEASC_MID Archives. (The current archive is only available to the list members.)